10. Feelin'
11. Eagles Fly
12. Guitar Solo
13. Why Can't This Be Love
14. Dreams
15. Poundcake
16. Don't Tell Me (What Love Can Do)
17. Panama

Notes: The first part of this videotape was damaged long ago. In order to save the rest of the tape, the damaged section had to be physically cut and remaining tape spliced into the leader. As a result, though not much is missing, this production begins mid-introduction. None of the actual concert presentation is missed.

This release is "version 2.0," completely remastered from the original videotape with a new codec with improved settings. Mastered for double-layered DVD.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:33 pm 

Thanks, dont think I ever d/led your first version. I'm going to d/l this for my roommate, he's a big Van Halen fan. I'll see if i can get him to give me some feed back for a little review :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:13 pm 

Not a huge VH fan myself, but I think this looks really too good to pass up. Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:08 pm 

Just watched most of this, what an enjoyble show. Not sure what it looked like before, but this is great!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:34 am 

So glad to watch this DVD.
Thanks for updating!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:46 pm 

have only watched a few bits and pieces so far, but really enjoying it so far. I had never seen the first version, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but looks and sounds very good! Always liked this album and thought it kinda got the shaft, didn't get a chance to see them on the "Balance" tour, so this is a treat for me

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:11 pm 

thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:39 pm 

I just gave this a watch with my roommate, good show.

Some observances; Sammy changes shirts almost as often as Eddie throws picks, Alex is great shape but looks like a goof with his neck brace (room mate says a stage light fell on him?) and Michael Anthony has one of the worst (or best?) mullets I've seen.

I didnt see the first production of this but sound wise it sounded really good. The video looks as good as a sVHS will. The details were pretty good, most the blacks were sharp, except in the darker scenes (especially on what was off to the sides) and I didnt really notice too much color glow or wash (unlike what we have from LZ Seattle '77, which i base most of my A/V on)

My room mate really enjoyed this. He claims he used to have a cassette recording of this show he taped off the radio back in the 90's, which he played until it wore out. He's a really big fan of Alex, as he's a drummer as well. He noticed during the drum solo that the sound seemed to be a bit off where he's hitting his sticks in the air and hitting the bass, I didnt notice. He nit picked other things in the performance that I didnt notice either.

Roommate says much thanks, he was pretty excited to watch it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:55 pm 

rambleon84 wrote:
He noticed during the drum solo that the sound seemed to be a bit off where he's hitting his sticks in the air and hitting the bass, I didnt notice.

I see what he might be talking about. What is actually happening is the filming camera is zoomed out and showing the video screen that is backstage behind the band, which does indeed have a slight delay to it. If you keep an eye on the "real-time" Alex underneath the giant screen, it is on the mark.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:59 am 

Finally got around to watching this and its a great performance and production. The band is at the top of their game and the Presence Production is top notch(as usual.) Sounds good really loud. If your thinking you might like this, believe me you will. Turn up the music! Thanks Presence.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:37 am 

I very like the Balance-era of VH.
Thanks for this show.

What happens to the sound level?
Sounds like an automatic level control or Dynamic Range Control.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:04 pm 

pablak wrote:
What happens to the sound level?
Sounds like an automatic level control or Dynamic Range Control.

You got it -- compression. It was broadcast that way.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:32 am 

What an excellent production. I find this much improved over the original which is hard to believe because the original is excellent. First, you eliminated the gray bar on the left (see my avatar) and removed the bottom tracking line. This is difficult without the resizing of the frame distorting the picture somewhat. An example of that is the latest Earls Court shows. I've viewed this on a 35 inch 480i CRT, 55 inch LCD RGB input and a 9' x 5' DLP hdmi sourced. All look great, blacks are black with less color bleed than the original. Also the reds and blues seem to be brighter without glowing. As with the the original, the audio is compressed from the production, but this version seems to be brighter with more stereo separation. I didn't rip the audio and compare them, but it sounds better to me. Like the Who show I've spent many hours enjoying this show, looks like I'll have many more hours. Now, if just Carruthers to sent you the source tapes......

Thank you for your hard work, I know it can take hours to labor through all the details.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:38 am 

Firstly, thanks for the upload. I grabbed this for a friend of mine, 'ChrisUK' who is a major VH fan and a well respected member of the VH-Trading site. He particularly wanted this as its a dual layer and he wants to compare it to his own master (of which he has many). In repsonse to Jason's recent email requesting feedback on Presence Productions, I'll ask Chris to critique this particular one and I'll let you know what he says.

However, if I may be so bold as to offer my own critique of this DVD:

Firstly, the front end footage of the meet and greet etc shimmers on my TV screen for some reason, as though it has not been deinterlaced properly (?).

As soon as the show itself starts the picture is perfect all the way through.

There appears to be a sync issue (although I wasn't sure at first). We're only talking a millisecond difference but it is noticeable in places. I have no idea whether its constant all the way through the DVD but if you check out Sammy talking into the camera right at the end of the DVD (when he is backstage) there is an issue.

I'm not sure if any of the above would be to do with my equipment or whatever, but I'll see what ChrisUk says about it.

I'm not that familiar with post 1984 Van Halen songs so for me personally I would have liked to have seen a track selection menu.

I recently mastered a Page Plant 2 hour video from Toulon 1998 to DVD which I had to do a rather tricky sync. I'll make it available at some point, so I'm sure Jason you'll be able to get your own back on me!

Cheers
Block

8)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:12 pm 

The shimmering I believe you speak of is part of the broadcast. Cheesy special effect.

I will revisit the audio sync issue, since it has come up a couple times. If I find a problem, expect me to revise and release a version 2.1. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:08 am 

Awesome release, thanks for sharing! Even though I didn't think it's possible, it IS indeed an upgrade compared to the Apple-Jack version! =D>

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:21 pm 

I have several versions of this, I do believe this looks about the best so far
Thank you for your hard work on this one

this is my fav era of the band

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:14 pm 

Howdy,

I'm new to the forum, I 've learned about Cohesion Sound via The Trader's Den.

Thanks for sharing this classic Van Halen pro shot.
There are several upgrades I've never seen before that are hosted on this site.
Eager to check them out! Thanks to all involved for making them available.

Milan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:53 am 

I´m quite new here, I found external link for this torrent on Trader´s Den - so same case as above :-)

Thank you fo sharing Van Halen from "Sammy" era. Balance is great album, heavier than others. I remember watching Pensacola 95 broadcast on MTV long time ago, but this was actually the end of this line-up.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:24 am 

Just started downloading, thanks for the efforts!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:06 pm 

Thanks to whoever seeded this! I spent the morning watching it. I'd read some of the comments about the syncing issues, but I really didn't spot anything I was 100% sure about. There were a few spots where I rewound more than once to check, but every time I watched closely, it seemed to line up. If there is an issue, it's a very small one.

There were also a few spots where their skin seemed a little pale, but it was mostly Ed and Mike. When the camera focused on Sammy, he seemed to be about right. So maybe the other guys weren't so healthy in those days. Considering it's from a VHS tape from 1995, it's impressive work. I did notice a split-second glitch at about 91.5 minutes in, or maybe 94.5 minutes, I forget. No doubt that was a problem with the source tape or the broadcast. It's about 30 seconds after Ed almost clocks Sammy with his guitar neck and Sammy has to jump out of the way. I'm going to pass this along to one of the guys at vhtrading.com, who says he has a nice 2-disc version called 'Applejack'. I'll post his comments.

As for the music, I'm not familiar with VH after 5150, and so the first half of the show was new material for me. When they got to the hits at the end, I knew some of those, but boy they sure went for the sugary-sweet choruses, didn't they? I heard Ed wanted to do more complex music instead of the stuff Roth wanted to record. But when Sammy joined, it got even *less* complex. On the other hand, they reinvented themselves with a new singer, played to a full house and probably grossed half a million that night (18,000 x $30) and so who am I to criticize. Thanks for your efforts on this.

[Edit] By the way, there are youtube clips of Jump being performed on this show....was it not included on this broadcast?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:03 pm 

Hi all

Could I please ask for a seed?

Many thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:12 am 

Thanks ever so much to the kind seeder, I should be done in no more than 4 hours.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:49 am 

Whoever the kind seeder is, I want to thank you. Hoping this downloads fine...dying to see this show again (and in good quality).

I was at this concert!!

I just started downloading...if anyone else has it ready, could you add to the seed? I can keep mine going when it's done too.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:26 pm 

PhxHorn wrote:
[Edit] By the way, there are youtube clips of Jump being performed on this show....was it not included on this broadcast?

Correct -- quite a number of songs were performed at the two dates in Toronto that did not make the cut for the broadcast. "There's Only One Way to Rock" is another off the top of my head. I've seen them on youtube, though. If I were really ambitious I could make a "complete" show by splicing them in, but it would take quite a bit of work to make them transition well.