Cohesion Sound

Home of the Presence Production
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:36 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: The Beatles - Let It Be
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:47 pm 

The Beatles
Apple presents: "Let It Be"

When Let It Be was released in 1971, The Beatles had just broken up. It seemed likely to be the last film which featured the Supergroup together. While practically the entire world awaited the long-hoped for Beatles reunion, Let It Be took on ever greater significance. This film, therefore, is among the important documents of the most influential group in the history of popular music.
When director Michael Lindsay-Hogg made this low-key documentary, he had no idea as to what the future would hold for the British popular group. He knew, however, that The Beatles were having their problems individually and collectively. Let It Be offers many clues to the coming breakup, clues which, in retrospect, seem to offer many hints as to what the future held for the four young men who revolutionized popular music. There are also many moments of heartbreaking nostalgia in the film since there were moments of wonderful spontaneity among the group members in the early days. These signs of happier time make Let It Be a virtual treasure-chest of pop music memories.
Let It Be is structured around musical rehearsals at the Apple Studios and the recording of The Beatles' album "Let It Be." The film features amusing reminiscences by Paul McCartney, who recalls the group's origins, their club dates, the first concert they gave at the Albert Hall, and the group's trip to India, which became one of the most celebrated media-events in pop history. The all-important relationship between John Lennon and Yoko Ono is revealed in the film as Yoko seems an ever-present figure at John's side. Yoko, who was the object of much criticism in the early 70s, has now come to be recognized as a positive and crucial force in Lennon's life, although at the time of Let It Be, she was something of an enigma. John seems a bit withdrawn in this film, a portent of what he would go through in the 70s.
Let It Be is, however, a film about musicians and concentrates on their music. Despite their differences, the four had an instinctive communication between them. For example, when Paul once broke out in a comic rendition of "Besa Me Mucho," the other three join in to complete the number in high style. Old-fashioned rock 'n roll gave them much pleasure when organist Billy Preston sits in for rocking numbers like "Shake, Rattle 'n Roll," "Kansas City" and "Lawdy Miss Clawdy." Somewhat more organized are the in-studio renditions of "Get Back" and "Let It Be."
The most joyful moment in the film comes when The Beatles decide to hold an impromptu rooftop concert. The four, John, Paul, George and Ringo, set up their instruments high atop the Apple Studios and hold a concert for the benefit of the open air. A throng of people gather below to hear this rare and wonderful offering. Even the police, called upon to investigate, are won over by the beloved foursome.
Let It Be is an important film, not because it's any more revealing about a rock group than other musical documentaries, but because it focuses on The Beatles. To a great extent than other rock figures, (including Elvis Presley and Bob Dylan) The Beatles helped usher in not just a new era in music, but a new international lifestyle. The enormous changes brought about in the 60s can be attributed to the dynamic influence of The Beatles. That's an enormous claim to be made for four young men from Liverpool, but it's true. Let It Be, therefore, is a glimpse into history. (author unknown)

Mastered from the Magnetic Video Corporation laserdisc release.

NTSC, PCM, 81 minutes.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:03 am 
I originally downloaded this when Prez put it up some time ago. I was actually looking for it this weekend through my DVD's but I seem to have lost it. Thanks to the seeders and of course thanks to JP for taking the time to work on this production. =D> :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:25 am 
Artwork: http://squire23.deviantart.com/art/The- ... e-49217338

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:21 am 
Again I am a little late to the party (it's the least I can say for a "Presence Production" already dating back over two years). I see currently two seeders. I hope they will be able to stay with me to help me complete this little gem. I already own two achievements on DVD about these videos memorable sessions. I am sure this Mastered Production from the Magnetic Video Corporation laserdisc release undoubtedly surpass the two audio and video sources contained in my collection :D

Thanks in advance for your help guys :wink: .

HB

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:43 am 
Many thanks to all the "good" guys (you know who you are :wink: ) who've helped me to complete this bad boy.

I've watched this Presence Production yesterday and it's for sure and whithout a doubt the best version speaking in terms of audio and video mastering I'd came across. Great work with this one Jason =D>

HB

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:51 pm 

Jason,

You did an awesome job with this! I don't think I've seen this the whole way through since college. It brought back a lot of great memories. It's a shame they didn't use a cleaner copy for the laser disc. One question I do have; is it me or is the audio overloaded on the Twickenham footage? Either way great job and thanks for all of your hard work! =D>

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:59 pm 

It is by far the best version I have seen so far (I think I have seen at least four different ones).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:51 pm 

thanks for the seeds! bullpinjohn sent me a copy of this a while back and I passed it along to a friend before I copied it #-o , been waiting to see a few seeds to jump on it

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 6:32 pm 

I've seen clips of the Roof concert, but never the whole thing. Great to see this finally, and the video quality was great.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:50 pm 

Thanks Jason for your splendid work on this and to the seeders still left out there! 8)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:05 am 

This is by far the best version of Let It Be that I have ever seen. Kudos!!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:13 pm 

I have DVD called "Get Back Documentary", but this one might be better. Once again thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:44 pm 

Looks like I'm almost over the hump at 96%. My cellular modem has been having a terrible time this weekend, I'm going to blame solar flares but I need to get a tower mount antenna up as well. Thanks for sharing this. I've seen out of print copies of the laserdisc go for near $300 on that auction site.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:52 am 

Thank you very much, Pres! Absolutely blows away the boot copy that my dad bought, and an important historical document.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:37 am 

I downloaded this awhile back and it somehow got lost in the shuffle. Thanks again!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:27 am 

Chance of a seed?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:21 pm 

I got on. No one was there. I got off.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:11 am 

Presence wrote:
I got on. No one was there. I got off.

That's really weird, because I have it in my client and it's trying to connect to peers...