School
Molly's Lips
Polly
Aneurysm
Smells Like Teen Spirit
Territorial Pissings

http://www.livenirvana.com/tourhistory/92/01-10-92.php
http://www.livenirvana.com/dvd/1992/dvd_01-10-92b.php

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:28 am 

One of my favorite video productions, and also one of my earliest ones. This is yet another case of where now - over six years after this broadcast - when I watch it I see things here and there I could have worked on. Unfortunately, the MiniDV tape I originally recorded this on was irreparably damaged.

I remember watching this when it very first aired in 1992. Even then you had a sense that over the music scene a storm was brewing. I also remember wondering why the hell Kurt had dyed his hair. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:36 pm 
awesome...glad to finally grab this one. i loved that show and remember to this day how shocked i was when the whole thing came crashing down. i guess that was my first moment of losing a musician that i really was into, while others from the generation before me had already experienced this several times.

thanks for sharing this presence, along with your work on the piece, and thanks to Led-Zep for the seed...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:54 pm 
^ I know how you feel. When Kurt died, it was the first real music icon (that I knew and liked) that passed away. I still can't believe it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:10 pm 
Patty Mac wrote:
^ I know how you feel. When Kurt died, it was the first real music icon (that I knew and liked) that passed away. I still can't believe it.

i hear you there about not still believing it. i was driving back up to maine from college in virginia to see my girlfriend when i heard about it on the radio and i was floored. kind of surreal watching all the coverage on tv when i finally got up to her place...

great video though. their unplugged was another one that i have always loved.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:58 pm 
^Yep, the uncut version of unplugged is the best. Its great to see them cut up and play freebird. Also, "never met a wise-man....if so, its a wo-man!" I have some Nirvana footage and such, I wonder if the head honcho would like to do some transfers? Some of them aren't pro-shot though. But, I do have this taped in sp on vhs if you want to fool with that. Just offering.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:33 am 

Thanks, but no. I worked on this and the Live & Loud show, and called it good.

When Kurt died I was floored, but not really shocked. It seemed like just a few weeks prior we had all heard about him being comatose while on tour in Europe, with much speculation that it was a suicide attempt. Then... news of his death. A bit like previous generations' "where were you when JFK was shot" or "when Lennon was shot," I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when I heard about Kurt.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:59 pm 
Ok Pres, just thought I'd offer. 8) Yeah I was outside playing a game of basketball with my brother when I hurt Kurt Loder come on MTV News and the rest is history. :(

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:04 am 

Thanks for this. I enjoyed watching the DVD a couple nights ago. Short, powerful set. I was not into Nirvana (or much music at all) when they were actually around, but I have come to appreciate them quite a bit over the years... especially after picking up all but one of their albums through a BMG special a few years ago.

The Unplugged set will always be my favorite, I think - but this was nice.

Currently seeding.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:12 am 
Oh how I loved them. Wonderful times it was. Thanks for this.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:41 am 
How did I miss this Nirvana "Presence Production" :cry:

I already own a release of this (including a few rehearsals tracks)...but I'd really like to see what you've done with baby P.

Any chance of a reseed for those who still have this on their HD [-o<

Many thanx in advance for your help guys 8)

HB

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:01 am 

On it :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:55 pm 
Many thanx for the seed J.P. I really appreciate your help on this one 8)

HB

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:43 pm 

seeding