Home of the Presence Production
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:35 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:21 pm 

Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble
Shiba Yubinchokin Hall, Tokyo, Japan
January 24, 1985

A PRESENCE PRODUCTION

Mastered from the 1" VTR tape used for laserdisc pressing.

NTSC, PCM, 87 minutes. Encoded for double/dual layered DVD.

1. Scuttle Buttin' / Say What
2. Voodoo Child (Slight Return)
3. Cold Shot
4. Couldn't Stand The Weather
5. Tin Pan Alley / Dirty Pool
6. Mary Had A Little Lamb
7. Love Struck Baby
8. Texas Flood
9. Lenny
10. Testify

Notes: This release is "version 2.0," remastered with new codecs with improved settings.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:59 pm 

Awesome, looks great :D.

Thank you!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:35 am 
Had to get it again, thanks :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:17 pm 

Thank You, I always enjoy your remasters.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:32 pm 

Thank you for taking the time to remaster this great show of one of the greatest guitarists of all time!! Looks fantastic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:26 pm 

Hoping to hear some reviews soon. :?

And keep in mind I use "remaster" in the true sense of the word -- I went back to my original tape source, put it in the VTR playback deck, and mastered it all again from start to finish. I did not just take what I had already done and tweak it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:37 am 

Presence wrote:
Hoping to hear some reviews soon. :?

And keep in mind I use "remaster" in the true sense of the word -- I went back to my original tape source, put it in the VTR playback deck, and mastered it all again from start to finish. I did not just take what I had already done and tweak it.

My review coming this weekend. I've burned it to disc but haven't had a chance to watch it completely yet and take the time that it deserves to compare to the original to give it a just review, rather than just quickly compare a small snippet. Looking forward to doing so as this show smokes! Stevie is so ON this night, from start to finish.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:25 pm 
I have been seeding this bad boy so I haven't had a chance to burn and watch this yet either but when I do I will let you know :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:22 pm 

Thanks. I'm downloading this for a friend. What is the actual title of this laserdisc?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:27 am 
Watching this right now! Wow I do like the new transfer/remaster... Like I said before the blacks seem blacker and the colored side lighting is no problem now.

As for the dvd itself the performance is hot, great camera work, they caught this guy in his prime for sure....If you don't have this, get it NOW for the best video of SRV ever with sparkling 16/48 PCM audio it is enough to make a dead man cum :wink:

Thanks again for the remaster 8)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:40 am 

First of I have not seen the orginal that was posted, I saw the two clips. This is very good, the background is a little dark, but the closeups look very good. And the performance is excellent. This is definitely worth having. Thanks JP.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:19 pm 
I'm a little late at the Party :twisted:

Can't wait to watch this new remastered version...hope a few fellows who completed will jump into the torrent and help seed...thanx in advance :wink:

HB

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:51 pm 

Almost missed this....thanks for the remaster!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:10 am 

Finally had a chance to compare this new remastered version to the original last night, both versions upconverted to 1080p through my PS3 on my 32 inch 1080p HDTV. I did the comparison by switching back and forth both versions "track by track".

I think most average viewers won't see any major differences between the two versions, the differences are subtle IMO. I think the video on the new remaster is a bit sharper (mostly on the fleshtones), the blacks are a bit deeper and the video shows a bit less grain, mostly on the blue and red lighted scenes. I'm no expert by any stretch but that's what I see, maybe JP can chime in and tell us specifically what improvements he made, technically he's the man.

Also worth noting that the new version includes the "Presence Productions" clip on the end, as it should, where to old version does not.

As for the show itself, IMO this is the best SRV show available. Better than all the boots and commercial releases, even better than "El Mocambo" which many think is tops. SRV is so "spot on" it's scary, plus it includes a jaw dropping version of "Tin Pan Alley/Dirty Pool" and "Couldn't Stand The Weather" which Mocambo does not.

Well worth downloading again, major thanks to JP for taking the time to make by far the very best version of this show even better. Well done =D> .

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:54 am 
From the sample clip this looks and sounds amazing compared to my very old VHS tape version. Is this still available for download or did I miss it?
edit: Is this version on the Cohesion Sound tracker the same as this one? If anyone can help seed it would by much appreciated. And thanks again the Presence for more great stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:18 pm 

I cant believe I missed this.. Is there any possible way I can get a seed .... I'm starting to get into SRV now and im the process of learning Lenny on guitar and I see that its on the track list.... Sample posted is fantastic...Thank You very much.....Thank you Prez for all the hard work and time u put in for us fans...Thanks everyone.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:56 pm 

exciting! i like this show!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:28 pm 

Thanks for the seeds..... Thanks Pres. for the remastering... After viewing the sample I cant wait to see the whole concert.. Thanks everyone.. :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:14 pm 

Absolutely spectacular and a huge upgrade over previously circulated versions. Many thanks.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:28 am 
I really enjoyed the original version. Can't wait to see the upgrade. Thanks !!

Any seeders out there ?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:15 am 

Great show i have a low quality mpeg so this upgrade looks good, also looking for a re-seed please???

Thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:46 pm 
greatly appreciated.... =D>

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:50 am 

100% thank you very much, looking forward to this... :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:00 pm 

=D> simply STUNNING, and that's on my Computer! DVD drive broke months ago and have not bought another.. saving money for a MAC for design purposes.. but am finding someone TODAY to get over here and get this burnt on their Laptop.

[-o<

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:10 am 

Just completed! Many thanks to the seeders