Cohesion Sound

Home of the Presence Production
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:59 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:25 pm 

very exciting! i love this show!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:32 am 

I'm going to download this (after I finish some other DVD's, but I've got this one already loaded on my client). Stevie Ray is easily one of my favorite guitarists of all time, and from what I've seen from this show, he's at the top of his game. Besides, the quality from the sample is by far widely superior to what I've seen from the bootlegs over here.

Thanks a lot, Pres!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:11 pm 

bbanderic wrote:
I think the video on the new remaster is a bit sharper (mostly on the fleshtones), the blacks are a bit deeper and the video shows a bit less grain, mostly on the blue and red lighted scenes. I'm no expert by any stretch but that's what I see, maybe JP can chime in and tell us specifically what improvements he made, technically he's the man.

You pretty much nailed the differences on the nose:

- The Canopus codec I am now using allows for more flexibility when it comes to rendering "hot" reds and blues, which are generally the problem areas with analog sources. I have more leeway when making adjustments for these.

- I have always caught some flak for my productions seeming a little dark. This is not the actual case -- what I am doing is using the full range of blacks that video allows for. Whereas most amateurs use a range of 8-235, I use 0-255 (the lower the number, the darker), so I hit true black where appropriate. On most analog transfers you will see that even areas that are supposed to be black have a hint of wash to them. I try to account for that. Whereas my first mastering of this show used 8-255, this uses 0-255.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:36 pm 

Well, I've watched a .VOB so far and all I must say is that the quality on this is amazing. :D All the problems that pro-shots from this era seem to have are almost non existent here, little to no color bleed, little appearance of "motion trails" and an outstanding definition (like what I posted earlier, you can basically see the stains on the guitars!).

All this really being shot wonderfully, no video effects or alterations, just a straight-to-the-music kind of film, with a focus on how it's being created, leaves little to the imagination.

Take great source material, do a just-about-perfect transfer and you have a winner, what a show by Stevie as well! =D>

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:14 pm 

Absolutely superb! I've been waiting over 20 years to see this, and that's no joke. After seeing SRV for the first time in '89, back when there was very little video of him available, I bought this from a bootlegger on VHS. The copy was terrible, and it was frustrating to watch knowing that somewhere out there were better copies. I only watched it a few times.

I could go on forever about how great the picture is....you can see a blood blister under the nail of his left ring finger on Tin Pan Alley. You sure as hell couldn't see that on my crappy VHS copy. Beyond the quality, SRV really throws himself into this performance, one of the best I've ever seen or heard from him. An outstanding document of an outstanding performance. What a great service for music fans you've done here. Bravo!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:44 am 

Downloaded this show last night and what can I say Prez but WOW!!! :shock: The first time a saw this video was back in '86-'87 when my college room mate picked this up at a record convention. The quality was crap and the sound was thin. It's so nice to finally view this in all it's glory. Thank you for all of your hard work! =D>

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:00 am 

I have just finished dowbloading: fantastic. Thank you for working on this show and sharing it with us.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:24 pm 

thanks for seeding!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:01 pm 

Excellent show and great mastering. I am glad to have it. Why did not they release it outside Japan?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:58 pm 

Well done, sir.

I viewed it with a sony projector (120" screen) and the image was outstanding. The blacks were great, no blocking, and the colors were true (loved the reds). I used NEO 5.1 to fake surround and the sound track rocked and was perfectly synced. Once again, well done. As always, this DVD will occupy a permanent spot on the media shelf.

Thank you for all your hard work, and know it is appreciated. I will seed for those who want to jump on

Kurt
San Diego

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:29 pm 

thank you for the seed and huge thanks to Pres for the amazing amount of work it must've taken on preserving this fine masterpiece of a performance.

wow, what a show, all around V=10 A=10 P=10 :wink:

to think this concert happened when i was still in high school, i cannot believe how time has flown. First time I caught Stevie Ray live was in 1988 when he warmed of for Plant's non stop go now & zen tour. i remember it vividly. but my goodness, this show 3 years earlier is just dazzling and to have it for multiple playbacks. wow, this will be celebrated often. :thumbsup:

thanks again, Pres & all the seeders. =D>

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:13 am 

does anyone still have this that they can share? i'd be very grateful.....thanks....this appears to be the only version to get...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:13 pm 

dogfetch wrote:
does anyone still have this that they can share? i'd be very grateful.....thanks....this appears to be the only version to get...

I got ya, I'll be on as soon as it checks :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:35 am 

publicenemy3 wrote:
dogfetch wrote:

I got ya, I'll be on as soon as it checks :wink:

some kind soul did so already - thanks....!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:27 am 

dogfetch thanks, I had 99.99%.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:23 pm 

dogfetch wrote:

some kind soul did so already - thanks....!

Sweet, I see someone else on here. I have to throttle my speed a little bit for a few hours but it'll open up.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:43 pm 

Hi,
Got this a long time ago and didn't realise you had done a version 2, the youtube clip looks and sounds fantastic =D>

Any chance of a seed???

Also can I ask when writing this to duel layer disc do you use any specific software/settings as I always seem to have problems with duel layers no matter what software I use (normally I use Nero but have tried others) as soon as the disc reaches the layer transition it either freezes or skips sometimes it will carry on but I loose part of the DVD or if I'm lucky (as with the fan edition TSRTS) it will carry on but the timer on the DVD player stops??? Hope this all makes sense and you can recommend either better software or proper settings, I'm obviously doing something wrong...

Cheers anyway,
BoB69.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:10 pm 

bob69 wrote:
Any chance of a seed???

Of course, but there are no leechers currently.

bob69 wrote:
Also can I ask when writing this to duel layer disc do you use any specific software/settings

Do the layer breaks stutter on all the players you try to use? I have found it is more an issue with the player than the way it is burned, but even that isn't foolproof.

I've always used ImgBurn to handle my DVD burning. It has been a long time since I've burnt any DVDs, though. I remember there used to be a "Seamless" checkbox on the page that allowed you to set where the layer break would be. Some players could handle that setting, some couldn't.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:16 am 

Cheers for the reply and yes my laptop shutdown overnight... anyway I'm on it now, and I have ImgBurn so I'll try that next time (never noticed the check box but don't burn dual layers very often) hopefully that will work :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:30 am 

Seeding again.. but you're not there again #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:18 pm 

Yep I have a job that allows me to download at work but it can be a bit hit and miss - home internet is a bit rubbish so again a bit hit and miss.

Anyway thank you to all the seeders I have it now and will stay on when I can (work allows downloads but uploads are blocked - out of my hands unfortunately), I'll be seeding at weekends when I can get a connection.

thank you, thank you, thank you,
B0B69

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:32 am 

Thank you to all the seeders, I got this over the weekend and I must say absolutely fantastic quality and of course top class guitar from SRV :D

I tried to stay on overnight Sunday and would still be on now however my laptop was hacked through the night (services installed, strange .exe files running and for some reason Opera browser installed?) so I've had to wipe my laptop and rebuild it, don't know if it was human or some weird malware but logs show it was around 4am for about 15-20 mins. And don't worry I know it wasn't from here just saying for info - bloody computers!!!!

Haven't got a client installed yet (haven't got much installed at all yet and forgot to save my bloody favorites/bookmarks so doing a lot of searches atm...) but I did manage to save some files from my laptop so will try to seed later.

Anyway thank you again,
BoB69.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:22 am 

THX again for this, lost my original copy...

now wheres the Fleetwood Mac Tusk documentary.... GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE.. :D

you probably have only version thats not in mono and from a VHS Presence...

and has some amazing tracks on. went all way over to LA to see them in Nov, amazing still.

P

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:22 am 

Jason,
Thanks for Royal Orleans and thanks for Cohesion Sound, and thanks for all of your Presence Productions.
You are a pro and very generous.
Thanks for SRV :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:52 am 

Wow!! This is the 4th different version I have of this great gig, but never did I believe it could look & sound this good. :) Thank you Presence for the exceptional job of remastering this treasure, :rockout thank you to the seeders & thanks for allowing me to join your community :thumbsup: