Cohesion Sound

Home of the Presence Production
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:57 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:20 pm 

Fleetwood Mac

"Documentary and Live Concert"

A PRESENCE PRODUCTION

Mastered from 1" VTR laserdisc pressing tape.

NTSC, PCM, 54 minutes.

1. The Chain (performance)
2. Walk A Thin Line (documentary)
3. Talking Drum (performance)
4. Save Me A Place (documentary)
5. Go Your Own Way (performance)
6. Tusk (performance)
7. Angel (documentary)
8. Angel (performance)
9. Never Make Me Cry (documentary)
10. Think About Me (documentary)
11. Not That Funny (performance)
12. Sara (performance)
13. Songbird (performance)

Original liner notes: "Fleetwood Mac is a popular music phenomenon -- they've sold close to twenty million records over the past five years, but that's only part of Fleetwood Mac's story. They're also a group in which all five members make significant creative contributions: Lindsey Buckingham, Stevie Nicks and Christine McVie are enormously talented writers and vocalists. And with the deft, powerhouse rhythm section of drummer/manager Mick Fleetwood and bassist John McVie, this is a band that performs its music with immense style and originality.

Now you can see them in a history-making stereo video disc of the first live music they've ever filmed. This look at the making of "Tusk," Fleetwood Mac's 1979 LP, and the tour that followed it, is both a presentation of the band's music and a behind-the-scenes look at what it is that has held such diverse talents together. We're offered a chance to see new songs like "Save Me A Place" and "Never Make Me Cry" at their creation in the recording studio, plus "Sisters Of The Moon" and "Tusk" in concert. We also see "Angel" two ways -- in its live version and also as the group actually put it together in the studio.

The live shows were recorded before standing-room-only audiences at the St. Louis Checkerdome with the highest quality concert audio available, using several cameras positioned on stage plus hand-held cameras backstage and in the audience.

In addition, there are many intimate scenes of the group, at home, in the studio and backstage, reminiscing, creating and revealing the struggles and exhilarations of making that music. It's a rare chance to find out what makes a major force in contemporary entertainment tick."

Presence's notes: By the time I acquired it, the pressing tape had deteriorated considerably and has only gotten worse as the years have gone on. The mastering presented here was originally done in 2005, and I decided at the time not to distribute it as I was not satisfied with the results. However; I have been asked about it repeatedly since then; and ten years later, after discovering the pressing tape was in even worse condition, I realized I would not be able to improve upon it and would share what I was intially able to do.

The live segments are taken from their performance at the Checkerdome in St. Louis, November 1979.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:13 am 

Sounds interesting...thank you...

Bootradr