Cohesion Sound

Home of the Presence Production
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:32 pm

All times are UTC-04:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:13 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2003 1:43 am
Posts: 173
I am curious to know what exists for this performance as far as video goes. Samples (screenshots, clips etc) are good, too.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:25 pm 
Video info,

http://crowesbase.com/tapelisting.cfm?TapeID=1287

Sorry I cannot help with screenshots on this one.
I have a ton of Crowes audio/video but not much after 1997 until 05.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:59 pm 
Datfly,



Any comments?


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:08 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2003 1:43 am
Posts: 173
Ouch, no knowledgable Crowes fans here I take it? I shall try TTD.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:31 am 
I don't personally have it but a full pro shot video exists for this performance.

This is what is on the copy a friend of mine has for this show.
It is listed as an Acoustiking Production

1. Midnight from the inside out (03:54)
2. Sting me (04:29)
3. Greasy Grass River (02:13)
4. Black Moon Creeping (04:51)
5. Lickin` (04:15)
6. Thorn In My Pride (11:21)
7. Ballad in Urgency (09:32)
8. Wiser Time (06:19)
9. Young Man Old Man (06:31)
10. Cosmic Friend (05:20)

Can't help you with screenshots.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:40 am 
Presence wrote:
Ouch, no knowledgable Crowes fans here I take it? I shall try TTD.


There are some knowledgable Crowes fans here (modestly I'd count myself as one :D ) and there's something I know about this show - its not very good!

I have a SBD version of this Montreux show which I received about 3 weeks after the show date but it's only received a few plays over the years.

The Lions tour didn't really get interesting until the US shows in the fall of 2001.

I don't have the dvd in question but I do have a 'highlights' compilation proshot dvd from Montreux 2001 (aired in Japan) which has the Crowes playing Lickin if i remember correctly.

It also (more importantly) has P&P proshot footage but I can't remember the track at the moment. That would be more worthwhile than the Crowes show imo.

One more thing, I have many Crowes dvds produced by Acoustiking (as the Montreux one is listed on Crowesbase) and he really has a produced some nice stuff.

If you're interested enough, I'll see if I can track a copy down for you


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:33 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2003 1:43 am
Posts: 173
weedwacker wrote:
I don't personally have it but a full pro shot video exists for this performance.

Good deal then, in that case this is not something I need to waste my time doing.

the phantom engineer wrote:
There are some knowledgable Crowes fans here (modestly I'd count myself as one :D ) and there's something I know about this show - its not very good!

This inquiry got started because I ran across the "Black Moon Creeping" part and was really into it. I thought that was a great performance, which led me to wonder if anyone else would dig it, which led me to this post.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:42 am 
Presence wrote:
weedwacker wrote:
I don't personally have it but a full pro shot video exists for this performance.

Good deal then, in that case this is not something I need to waste my time doing.


Maybe not. Hopefully someone will step up and verify this. I know there is a partial pro shot video from this show consisting of Lickin', Thorn In My Pride, Ballad In Urgency, Wiser Time, Young Man Old Man and Cosmic Friend but is the full performance available as video and pro shot? I'll get in touch and find out which one he has since he didn't specify.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:05 am 
Presence wrote:

the phantom engineer wrote:
There are some knowledgable Crowes fans here (modestly I'd count myself as one :D ) and there's something I know about this show - its not very good!

This inquiry got started because I ran across the "Black Moon Creeping" part and was really into it. I thought that was a great performance, which led me to wonder if anyone else would dig it, which led me to this post.


Thats cool - to be honest I am probably being harsh when I say it's not very good. The Crowes almost always deliver the goods live, especially something like Black Moon Creeping cause it's certainly a great track.

My viewpoint is probably tainted as the 2001 Crowes is nowhere near the 1992 - 1997 & 2005 - 2006 eras in terms of performance.

May I respectfully suggest that if you haven't already, you need to check out the following proshot Crowes from the 95/96 era (all of which I can help you obtain :wink: )

Each one is absolutely essential and blows away the later years before the hiatus (there are no proshot dvds from the 2005 return onwards as far as i know)

Koln 1995 - http://www.crowesbase.com/tapelisting.cfm?TapeID=498
Sesto San Giovanni 1995 - http://www.crowesbase.com/tapelisting.cfm?TapeID=503
Glastonbury 1995 - http://www.crowesbase.com/tapelisting.cfm?TapeID=392
Rio Di Janeiro 1996 - http://www.crowesbase.com/tapelisting.cfm?TapeID=362
Essen 1996 - http://www.crowesbase.com/tapelisting.cfm?TapeID=339


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:42 am 
the phantom engineer wrote:
Each one is absolutely essential and blows away the later years before the hiatus (there are no proshot dvds from the 2005 return onwards as far as i know)

Koln 1995 - http://www.crowesbase.com/tapelisting.cfm?TapeID=498
Sesto San Giovanni 1995 - http://www.crowesbase.com/tapelisting.cfm?TapeID=503
Glastonbury 1995 - http://www.crowesbase.com/tapelisting.cfm?TapeID=392
Rio Di Janeiro 1996 - http://www.crowesbase.com/tapelisting.cfm?TapeID=362
Essen 1996 - http://www.crowesbase.com/tapelisting.cfm?TapeID=339


Koln is my favourite of that bunch - but don't forget the Koln show from '92 either!

I've always thought Essen to be overrated. The band seems pretty lifeless and Ford looks really sick. Still, I'm glad we have it.

If anything, I wish there was more from Groningen '95. That looks to be a great performance. 8)


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:36 pm 
Quote:
My viewpoint is probably tainted as the 2001 Crowes is nowhere near the 1992 - 1997 & 2005 - 2006 eras in terms of performance.

May I respectfully suggest that if you haven't already, you need to check out the following proshot Crowes from the 95/96 era (all of which I can help you obtain :wink: )

Each one is absolutely essential and blows away the later years before the hiatus (there are no proshot dvds from the 2005 return onwards as far as i know)


However there are a few VERY GOOD Audience shot dvds from the Second Coming of the Crowes. If you get a chance, check these two out from 2006, as you are well aware, this band can bring it live.

http://www.crowesbase.com/tapelisting.cfm?TapeID=1810 Shepherd's Bush Empire, London March 06

Nice cover of Manassas' "Song of Love" and Neil Young's "Alabama"


http://www.crowesbase.com/tapelisting.cfm?TapeID=1880 Jones Beach, August 06

New song, Magic Rooster Blues, tasty cover of Neil Young's L.A. and Can't You Hear Me Knockin encore!


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:32 am 
Led Head wrote:
However there are a few VERY GOOD Audience shot dvds from the Second Coming of the Crowes. If you get a chance, check these two out from 2006, as you are well aware, this band can bring it live.

http://www.crowesbase.com/tapelisting.cfm?TapeID=1810 Shepherd's Bush Empire, London March 06

Nice cover of Manassas' "Song of Love" and Neil Young's "Alabama"


Great video and great show too. I was there, front row in front of Mr Marc Ford, and it was one of the best concert experiences I have ever had. Alabama really blew me away, that moment where Marc, Sven, Chris & Rich all step up to the mic was powerful for sure. In my opinion, this night beats the other 2 from London.


Led Head wrote:
http://www.crowesbase.com/tapelisting.cfm?TapeID=1880 Jones Beach, August 06

New song, Magic Rooster Blues, tasty cover of Neil Young's L.A. and Can't You Hear Me Knockin encore!


Another good one, love the Nebakanezer -> jam -> Thorn In My Pride. Also, The Seeker is Richs' best ever on stage vocal performance with the Crowes imo (wouldn't be hard I hear you say!!)

Who knows what the new album has in store ....


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:22 am 
Quote:
Alabama really blew me away, that moment where Marc, Sven, Chris & Rich all step up to the mic was powerful for sure.


We are on the same page brother. I was able to see The Crowes perform Alabama at the Fox in Atlanta and in Tampa in 2006 and they owned this song. Great vocals by Ford and some amazing playing. I agree The Seeker is a great cover as well, one of my favorites, up there with Don't Do It. While I lament the departure of Marc Ford I also can't wait to see the band next month at the Tabernacle with Luther Dickinson on guitar.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:09 am 
Led Head wrote:
Quote:
Alabama really blew me away, that moment where Marc, Sven, Chris & Rich all step up to the mic was powerful for sure.


We are on the same page brother. I was able to see The Crowes perform Alabama at the Fox in Atlanta and in Tampa in 2006 and they owned this song. Great vocals by Ford and some amazing playing. I agree The Seeker is a great cover as well, one of my favorites, up there with Don't Do It. While I lament the departure of Marc Ford I also can't wait to see the band next month at the Tabernacle with Luther Dickinson on guitar.


The Seeker really surprised me - never saw it live, but when I read about it, I thought it would be too familiar to be any good. Then I heard the tapes - great cover! Can't say I'm thrilled with every cover selection the band played over the last few years, but good on them for trying! 8)

And as for the original purpose of this thread, Pres, if you want to do a Cohesion Sound of the Montreaux gig, I for one would be thrilled. I'll even offer to send out a bunch of freebie DVDs to anyone who's ratio-challenged like myself. :)

I realize the 2001 era isn't their best from a live show collecting perspective, but having saw them once during that era, I can honestly say I had a blast.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:30 am 
^^ Played Alabama in Pittsburgh when I saw them and it worked for them VERY well.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:10 pm 
I just got a ticket to see them at the Fillmore in San Francisco on March 19 :)

Should be a good show.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:09 pm 
Brummy wrote:
I just got a ticket to see them at the Fillmore in San Francisco on March 19 :)

Should be a good show.


You are lucky to get a ticket Brummy. The Atlanta show I got tickets for sold out in 3 minutes. A lot of Amoricans are getting shut out of the March shows. Hopefully the band will be announcing April - October shows very soon.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:56 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2003 1:43 am
Posts: 173
This is all well and good, but really I only want to know about the topic at hand. Live Crowes is not something I am going to sit down and get into at this point in my life. (I appreciate the enthusiasm, though.)


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:58 pm 
Presence wrote:
This is all well and good, but really I only want to know about the topic at hand. Live Crowes is not something I am going to sit down and get into at this point in my life. (I appreciate the enthusiasm, though.)


Darn, I guess Grateful Dead is out of the question :wink:


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:19 pm 
Led Head wrote:
Brummy wrote:
I just got a ticket to see them at the Fillmore in San Francisco on March 19 :)

Should be a good show.


You are lucky to get a ticket Brummy. The Atlanta show I got tickets for sold out in 3 minutes. A lot of Amoricans are getting shut out of the March shows. Hopefully the band will be announcing April - October shows very soon.


Yeah the fillmore sells out quickly because its so small, and the warfield is the same way. They sold out that fillmore show immediately, but luckily I have a friend who has a radio station connection here locally so I was able to score a ticket through them.

Seems the only way to get tickets to shows like that these days is to be at the computer with credit card in hand right when they go on sale. That or a ticket (scalping) agency...


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 

All times are UTC-04:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited