Cohesion Sound

Home of the Presence Production
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:02 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 68 Next
 Post subject: Re: KISS 2008 Remasters
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:19 pm 
Analogisking wrote:

I have tons of stuff that I'm willing to share.I just had to find the best place to do it.... :D

Well, let me tell you this: YOU PICKED THE RIGHT PLACE! :wink: . Good luck

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:31 pm 

Welcome and thanks for sharing. Presence thanks for hosting this stuff is truly awesome. :rockout :rockout

Analogisking wrote:
This is the first board that I've ever been a member of.I'm a member of a couple private trackers but thats it.Everyone seems nice and thank you for making me feel welcome.

I have tons of stuff that I'm willing to share.I just had to find the best place to do it.... :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:02 pm 
Outstanding job 'king!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:10 pm 
Analogisking wrote:
This is the first board that I've ever been a member of.I'm a member of a couple private trackers but thats it.Everyone seems nice and thank you for making me feel welcome.

Welcome to LALA land. It's a trip here and truthfully all are very friendly, dare I say it, like a family =D> The group is very cool and very helpful....

1Z2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:46 pm 
Welcome to Analogisking, and thank you very much for sharing with the community. Thanks goes to Pres as well for arranging this. =D>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:23 pm 
:D

Last edited by Analogisking on Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:26 pm 
jameskg wrote:
Holy crap.

a) there are 40+ seeders on each with only a few leeches, so I already have them all. :shock:
b) these are the REAL DEAL. Oh man.. I can't believe how clear... really nice.. you can hear his hands on the fretboard.. never heard all this stuff before... looking at it in coole dit pro, there are no clips.. nice OPEN waveform, full spectrum and not lossy.

so much sound here that I've never heard in the official releases.

amazing! and he's doing a few each day it seems...

he also says:
Quote:
Professionally recorded from the best analog source available transferred straight to hard drives. No compression use. Better than any commercially available cd pressing ever.

A fans dreams come true. All 2008 Remasters will be posted , one at a time though.

Say no to the loudness wars!!!
:thumbsup: my kind of guy...

Quote:

All I'll say is their is a long line of remasters coming up,Not just KISS but
many other greats.

And they will be posted here first.....If you see these on other sites ever.
I'm not the one who posted them.

he has bad spelling, but I'm really curious to see what they do next... me thinks somone got access to some pro-tools transfers.

Haha no I just have really bad typing skills and plus most of the stuff is done about 3:00am.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:06 am 

Presence wrote:
Alright, if you need any of these KISS "2008 remasters" PM me. I have them up for direct download.

Ok, too many requests to keep up with. Knock yourselves out, but keep the link private for our use.

<no longer available>

One file at a time, right-click and "Save as," etc.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:28 am 
Presence wrote:
Presence wrote:
Alright, if you need any of these KISS "2008 remasters" PM me. I have them up for direct download.

Ok, too many requests to keep up with. Knock yourselves out, but keep the link private for our use.

Cool! Thanks, Presence! :D =D>

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:38 am 

Analogisking wrote:
Hello all !!!! :D

...WELCOME ABOARD!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:36 am 
=D> =D> =D> :thumbsup:

thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:48 am 
Presence wrote:
Presence wrote:

Thanks for the links!!! I'll get on this tonight.Thanks again!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:12 am 
Presence wrote:
Presence wrote:

Awesome - many thanks to both Presence and Analogisking =D> =D> =D>

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:35 am 
As a KISS fan from 1976 or so, I must say these are cool to hear. I recently picked up this book for 5 bucks at a Barnes and Noble bookstore: KISS: Behind the Mask - Official Authorized Biography by David Leaf and Ken Sharp.

1974 Kiss
1974 Hotter Than Hell
1975 Dressed to Kill
1975 Alive!
1976 Destroyer
1976 Rock and Roll Over
1977 Love Gun
1977 Alive II
1978 Gene Simmons (solo)
1978 Ace Frehley (solo)
1978 Peter Criss (solo)
1978 Paul Stanley (solo)
1979 Dynasty
1980 Unmasked
1981 Music From "The Elder"
1982 Killers
1982 Creatures of the Night
1983 Lick It Up
1984 Animalize
1985 Asylum
1987 Crazy Nights
1989 Hot in the Shade
1992 Revenge
1993 Alive III
1996 Kiss Unplugged
1997 Carnival of Souls
1998 Psycho Circus
2003 Alive IV

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:38 am 
Thanks a ton, guys. My buddy who's a big KISS fan is freaking pissed at me because he saw they were gone from demonoid and I got them before he did. Of course, I'll burn them for him since I'm personality plus. Can't wait to see what more's to come (and here's hoping for a DD of IV, too!)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:39 am 
Analogmoon wrote:
I recently picked up this book for 5 bucks at a Barnes and Noble bookstore: KISS: Behind the Mask - Official Authorized Biography by David Leaf and Ken Sharp.

My wife bought me that last year. It's a great book. I like how it's divided into sections and that (for the most part) no one pulls any punches whern it comes to giving their opnions on the various songs/albums.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:40 am 
I'm holding out for the 1975 triple LP "The Originals" with art work scans and booklet included. :P :lol:

I actually bought that ya know.

:-({|= ......... ](*,)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:11 am 
madman wrote:
Analogmoon wrote:
I recently picked up this book for 5 bucks at a Barnes and Noble bookstore: KISS: Behind the Mask - Official Authorized Biography by David Leaf and Ken Sharp.

My wife bought me that last year. It's a great book. I like how it's divided into sections and that (for the most part) no one pulls any punches whern it comes to giving their opnions on the various songs/albums.

Such as - the various opinions regarding Peter's drumming - I thought that was funny.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:52 am 
Maybe it is me but I did a quick comparision between some tracks from Dressed To Kill and Kiss and for the most part they pretty much sound the same. There is a difference but it is more of a subtle difference, for example in Cold Gin in the beginning when the first drum hits come in they seem to have more shimmer to them and the volume level isn't as loud. The drums seem to be a lot clear on the spikes like cymbal hits. Other than that they pretty much sound the same.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:52 am 
Presence wrote:
Presence wrote:

Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:54 am 
weedwacker wrote:
Maybe it is me but I did a quick comparision between some tracks from Dressed To Kill and Kiss and for the most part they pretty much sound the same. There is a difference but it is more of a subtle difference, for example in Cold Gin in the beginning when the first drum hits come in they seem to have more shimmer to them and the volume level isn't as loud. The drums seem to be a lot clear on the spikes like cymbal hits. Other than that they pretty much sound the same.

That in itself is the beauty of this. Remember this some-what related discussion? viewtopic.php?f=9&t=31177&p=537731&hilit=cymbal#p537731

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:00 pm 
For someone who really hasn't heard much KISS at all but doesn't care much for the radio hits, what would be a good album to try out? I've heard good things about the Ace record.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:06 pm 
:shock: Wow, I take a couple of days holiday from the internet and WHAM...Thank you Analogisking for sharing these, and thank you to Pres for hosting these. I have a real soft spot for Kiss. Moochos grassy arse amigos.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:19 pm 
thanks for the kiss and thanks for the amazing speed.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:31 pm 
nolazep wrote:
For someone who really hasn't heard much KISS at all but doesn't care much for the radio hits, what would be a good album to try out? I've heard good things about the Ace record.

ALIVE! or Ace's solo album. I still like Rock and roll over....but I've dug 70's KISS for about 30 years.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 68 Next