Cohesion Sound

Home of the Presence Production
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:56 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:53 am 

Please release the great full concert or documentary you showed a clip from a few years ago by Fleetwood mac in 79

if its the Tusk documentary, then it is needed BAD

only version out there has left channel audio only and VHS quality

Great concert footage and songs

Sorry to be a pest!!

Paul

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:52 pm 

You are not a pest. At least with the way you worded the topic, I had to sit back and laugh. :lol:

I actually have three Fleetwood Mac productions I am sitting on -- two things from 1979-80, and the Mirage Tour '82 concert special. (I do not have all the fine details at the moment. I'm not sure if a Tusk documentary is one of them.) I mastered and completed them long ago; they are as ready to go as they will ever be. You may remember some years ago I shared a couple of samples (which is what you must be alluding to.)

However, despite all the time I spent on them, I am not satisfied with their final outcomes. (Actually, with some more refinement, the Mirage production is probably worth a release, but not the other two.) Neither of the pressing tapes held up particularly well, so the video is not as good as it probably could be, and neither is the audio. I have been convinced that certainly there has to be better out there... until your post. Is it really that bad?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:48 pm 

Hi Presence

Thx for reply

yes the only concert footage from 79 which was shot in St louis I think was a few songs on the Tusk documentary

like the Sample you showed a few years ago which was the song Angel from that documentary or maybe you have the whole concert film, if so then you are sitting on a treasure, as it is a great concert by the looks of the fantastic 4-5 tracks that are on the documentary

and yes, the only copy out there has only left audio and is from a bad VHS, and Ive downloaded about 4 versions of the film!!

Im sure your version would be a 100 times better by the looks of the sample you showed years ago, and like I said the tracks on the doc, if it is the documentary you have are really great stuff

great versions of Sisters of the moon, chain, Angel, Sara and more

but i know it came out on laserdisc, so someone has to have a better copy and I was hopeing that would be you!!

the Mirage gig is OK, average performance, plus it is available in some con tries on DVD

P

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:42 pm 

Pricey wrote:
the Mirage gig is OK, average performance, plus it is available in some con tries on DVD

Those are all bootlegs. I did the research on that one.

I will check the other productions I have. Maybe they will not be as bad I remembered.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:16 pm 

I just took a quick view of what must be the Tusk documentary (that's my guess, because it never really says). The sound is not as bad as I was thinking it was; there's a bit of hiss and not very good definition, but still excellent. The video is still where I have issues. The picture is clear, but there's quite a bit of tape artifacting, some places worse than others.

I checked around Youtube a bit, and you're right -- what's out there is crap. Although I think this one could be bested by a source out there I am not aware of, I might make this happen.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:58 am 

Presence wrote:
I just took a quick view of what must be the Tusk documentary (that's my guess, because it never really says). The sound is not as bad as I was thinking it was; there's a bit of hiss and not very good definition, but still excellent. The video is still where I have issues. The picture is clear, but there's quite a bit of tape artifacting, some places worse than others.

I checked around Youtube a bit, and you're right -- what's out there is crap. Although I think this one could be bested by a source out there I am not aware of, I might make this happen.

A new version of the Tusk Documentary would be like gold for a lot of people, what you have has to be better than anything out there

and there really are some great songs on that film

SO please make it happen, Ive been waiting 4 plus years since you upped the samples, LOL

I can do any Artwork if needed, If you remember I did Trainspotters O2 concert and a few other Zepp bootlegs

:D

Paul

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:26 am 

Just uploaded my favorite part:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:03 am 

Amazing song and cute look she gives!!

P

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:32 am 

So do you think theres any chance of a future release of this?

should I set up a poll or something, lol

:D

P

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:03 pm 

Any word on these being released? I'm on a huge Mac kick at the moment and would love to see some of this footage.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:06 pm 

Presence wrote:
I checked around Youtube a bit, and you're right -- what's out there is crap.

Is this still the case? I just poked around Youtube again, and there seems to be some good sources out there now.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:12 pm 

The only one of the full documentary and all the songs is a bad VHS transfer, I know the one going around torrent sites is in Mono....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-caXvJUOrk

theres a few tracks that are from laserdisc on You Tube, but half the fun of this concert/show is the RNR stories, madness between the great songs!

P

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:23 pm 

Presence wrote:
Neither of the pressing tapes held up particularly well, so the video is not as good as it probably could be, and neither is the audio.

I just ran the tape for the Tusk Documentary again. Unfortunately, it has not survived; it is in even worse condition than when I first acquired it. So I give up -- the mastering I did in 2005 will be the one I share. Watch for it this weekend.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:25 pm 

Now available.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:51 am 

Presence wrote:
Now available.

your true star, thanks!